Tuesday, December 9, 2014

First OB Appointment

Today was the day we have been waiting for.. our very first OB appointment! Our first two ultrasounds and blood tests were all in our trusted, cozy, Reproductive Health department. Today we ventured into the world of fertiles, and were treated like every other young couple expecting their first child. I'm not gonna lie... I was terrified. I had no idea what to expect at the appointment, and hadn't seen the baby since our 6th week. The appointment was going fine, until the doctor pulled out the doppler to check the baby's heartbeat. I laid there holding my breath as she moved the thing around my belly. Finally she said "sounds like baby is flopping around in there, let me go get the ultrasound machine" Those were quite possibly the longest 2 minutes of my life. The moment she put the wand to my belly baby was up on the screen flipping and flopping around. The doctor said "no wonder we couldn't get the heartbeat, baby won't sit still long enough to find it." Ughhh.. I've never been more relieved in my life. Husband and I walked out with huge smiles on our faces clutching the picture of OUR BABY!  

Here he/she is, Sweet Baby S! According to our doctor we are currently 13 weeks to the day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment